Wednesday, May 2, 2012

First Communion

This past weekend I went to a First Communion for my fiancee's cousin.  Now, I was raised a strict Atheist, and have grown into an Agnostic, but I have never been to a religious ceremony like this before.  I felt so out of place but I tried very hard to fit in! I felt like I was in another world!  I knew it would end up fine because I was already like a part of their family, but I was still so awkward!  I decided I would just kind of follow my fiancee around all day because I needed someone by my side who could help me out and prompt me when I needed to be prompted or tell me what to say and when to say it.  I ended up being fine when I didn't talk about religion, and I learned very quickly that when religion came up in topic of conversation, I would simply smile and look interested.  I quickly learned not to speak about topics I was not knowledgeable about!

No comments:

Post a Comment