Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Culture Clash

When I was in high school, I was a member of the drama club, and president my senior year.  I was also, at the same time, friends with people I had known for years.  These people were wonderful people, but they were the more sporty types.  When high school hit, I realized I had to balance being friends with both the sporty group and the theatre group.  I threw a few parties inviting friends from both groups and it was just an awkward, divided party.  The sports players were on one side and the theatre kids were on the other side.  It wasn't that they were rude to each other, it was that they didn't have anything in common that they knew of.  So, I ended up trying to divide my time between the two cultures.  After a while, however, I began drifting more towards the theatre group and away from the sports group.  This was not because I didn't like the sports kids, I just happened to have more in common with the theatre group. 

No comments:

Post a Comment